It only comes once a year but it seems that you spend the other 364 days planning it. We’re talking about the office Christmas party, of course. Believe it or not, but a lot of staff place the annual festive do high up on their list of priorities when judging the calibre of a company – so you can’t really afford to scrimp.
Throwing a terrific Christmas bash is great for employee morale. And happy employees mean high engagement, high productivity and a lot less of those unwanted things like absences and turnover. That’s enough reason alone to host an awesome party. Need some ideas? We’re here to help.
- Making memories
Photo booths is a trend that has skyrocketed over the past few years, and it shows no signs of slowing down. So why not take this to your Christmas party? You can hire your own photo booths complete with props and backdrops, and then just let the hilarious pictures roll in. Why not have a competition and prize for the funniest photo?
- Go for a theme
If there’s one thing people love, it’s fancy dress. You don’t have to go all out like Halloween, but giving people a fun dress code to adhere to puts a whole other twist on the annual night out. Inspiration for possible themes include Casino Royale, The Great Gatsby or Disney movies. If you feel like really setting a challenge for your employees, you could put a ban on the buying or hiring of costumes – homemade only! For something a little more festive, have a Christmas jumper competition – craziest one wins.
- Break the mould
The hotel has become a standard Christmas party venue across the country. While that’s all well and good, don’t be afraid to think outside the box and really impress your staff. If you’re based in the North, why not treat your staff to Christmas at the famous Blackpool Tower? Giving your employees a Blackpool night to remember is what it’s all about so why not throw down the gauntlet and give them something unique? It’ll be talked about for years to come, trust us.
- All the activities
People love to talk, but giving them something to do in the evening will take the party to a whole other level. Here’s a few tips…
- Murder Mystery – bonus points if you manage to find a train-based one
- Dodgems – a favourite of grownups everywhere
- Casino – gamble with fake money and have a prize at the end for the winner
- Dance lessons – can be optional but being taught how to swing dance is sure to get everyone up on their feet
- Caricaturist – it’s hilarious and you’ll be supporting a local artist. Win-win
Even if you have an ‘Employee of the Month’ scheme during the year, why not celebrate the achievements of your staff in style? As well as your standard ‘Employee of the Year’ and ‘Rising Star’ awards, throw in a few ‘fun’ ones that’ll get your staff laughing away. Examples could be ‘best dressed’, ‘best brew maker’ and ‘loudest in the office’. Let your imagination run wild!
Latest posts by Faith (see all)
- 5 awesome Christmas party ideas that your staff will love - 18th September 2017
- 5 things to do if you’re heading to Blackpool this autumn - 11th September 2017
- These 9 Global Entertainment Destinations Belong on Every Music Fan’s Bucket List - 15th August 2017